In the morning, sometimes it takes a long time for me to decide what to eat, and what to do. Do you feel me? Especially on the weekends, or anytime I have a day off from work. I love simple and easy breakfast on my free day. Anyway, it’s strawberry season here now in Australia, you could find it cheap at the market. Most of the times I drink smoothie for breakfast, it’s super convinient and less time consuming. Last weekend, I felt like something puddingy and creamy, so I made chia pudding, and mixed with strawberry smoothie. Yeah they turn out pretty good!
I topped with some blackberries and strawberries. It’s refreshing and surely will brighten up your day. You can add whatever you like, I think coconut yogurt will go alright with this, what do you think? Or even with some granolas?
CHIA PUDDING WITH STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
Chia seeds ingredients (serves 2 persons):
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup plant based milk (coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or more, it’s optional)
Strawberry smoothie ingredients:
- Half punnet strawberry
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- Almond milk as needed
- Iced cubes
1. Mix the chia pudding ingredients in a medium size bowl, and leave it over night
2. In a NutriBullet or Vitamix blender – combine the strawberry smoothie ingredients together and blend for a couple of minutes
3. Prepare a glass, firstly, pour the chia pudding and add the smoothie as the second layer
4. Ready to dig, yum!