These cheesecake bars are such a perfect treat for summer. Sweet and sour flavours are the best. Vanilla and Raspberry go very well together. I made these a month ago before upgrading my new blog. I love having them with an iced coffee or a caramel latte. What would you have them with? These cheesecake bars are low in fat, the main ingredients are mainly nuts, such as cashews and almonds. They contain the good type of fat. ya know! These cheesecakes are bake free cake. You only need to put them in the fridge for a few hours before eating them. Would you consider to try them, um I think you would!
Raw Raspberry Cheesecake
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 golden syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE CHEESECAKE BASE
- 1 cup almond
- 1 cup medjool dates
- Water as needed
- A pinch of salt
- Prepare the crust, add almonds and medjool dates, water and a pinch of salt in a food processor or NutriBullet. Blend these ingredients together until they form a sticky dough . When its ready, place in onto a cake tray and press evenly until the sticky dough goes flat (Note: best to blend these ingredients using a food processor or a NutriBullet. We don’t want to blend the almond too long, as it can become soft and form a powder. We still want the big chuncky pieces of almonds.
- The #1 layer. Prepare the cheesecake, blend the cheesecake ingredients such as cashews, coconut milk, lemon juice, golden syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract for a few minutes until it gets really smooth and taste lemony
- Top the sticky dough with the #1 layer above (only pour half as the rest of this sough will be used for the #2 layer with some raspberries)
- For the #2 layer, add raspberries and continue blending for about 1 to 2 minutes, until they combine well
- Finally, pour the #2 layer on top of the #1 layer and set aside
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for 2 to 4 hours, until it goes firm, and hard on the inside and out.